Re: [APD] Don't Drink Distilled Water [SAFETY] (was "Storing large amounts of RO water")

On 2/26/06, Charley Bay <charleyb123 at yahoo_com> wrote:

> At my place of employment, we have huge water
> distillation systems.  (Recall that "distillation"
> is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated,
> and the vapor condensed).  Thus, distillation
> results in water free from dissolved minerals and
> other organic matter.
>
> DON'T DRINK IT!
>
> Some of our guys thought it would be neat to drink
> "pure water", which turned out to be Not A Good
> Thing(tm).  (They're all fine now).

Codswallop.

Drinking distilled water will not kill you or harm you.  It will take a
chunk out of your wallet.

Just give it the "internet sniff test" and see if thise idea passes.  Google
"drink distilled water danger" or dangerous or unhealthy or deadly and have
a gander at the websites that come up.  You get a double fistful of "modern
life kills you" websites, a whole boatload of commercial websites that are
selling either, you guessed it, distillation systems for home use or RO
systems, but no reputable medical or governmental webs warning of the
dangers.

Now if you happen to have a bottle od D2O or T2O on hand you shouldn't drink
that.  :-)

Liz