Re: [APD] Colorblindness and GH

Decades ago there was a test kit that measured hardness by adding a fluid
drop by drop to a vial that contained the water to be tested.  After
shaking, when the bubbles lasted longer than a minute, the number of drops
equaled the GH in degrees.  When I got a color-changing test kit, the
results of the two tests were about the same.

I imagine you could come up with a diluted soap solution that could be used
to measure hardness, but if you don't need to, you don't have to.

Bill