Re: [APD] bacterial clouding

I believe ryan_whyte at utoronto.ca wrote this email section below:

> I'm assuming that the clouding is caused by bacterial bloom? Am I right?
> Any suggestions for getting rid of it?

Sounds like something has died in the tank?

Though I did get this kind of bloom when I put in too much of my home made
food which had a lot of oatmeal in it.
A friend said that the oatmeal starch reacts with the water to make it
cloudy and feeds the Infusoria so much the water turned milky.

I stopped feeding for a few days and the cloud disappeared within a few days
and now I only use it once a week.

So reduce your fish food?

--
Stuart Halliday