Re: [APD] green water in new tank

the shultz aquatic plant soil isnt really soil its a fired clay material
that says on the package willnot leak nutrients into the water colum, i
didnt really believe this but i dont think that is the big problem.
about the history of the tank, i had this tank for 5 years before getting
serious into planting it ,,, i was worried about planting a piranha tank,,,
dont like putting my hands in that much.
My first planted tank was soil based and it grew very well i just didnt like
the blue and pink gravel that the tank came with so i got rid of it all and
used sand, and so far sand is my favorite

I'd suggest you make your gravel layer deeper or get rid of the soil.  You
likely have something leaching from the soil that is causing the problem.

I don't know how a tank that is a month old can have enough history to know
what it has for nutrients???   I found that a little confusing.

I had the same problem with a soil based tank.  Got rid of the soil and got
rid of the problem after doing 90% water changes every week for months.

Liz