Re: [APD] Alternative Energy

Regardless of the interesting politics mentioned in the post I'm kind of
replying to..  I'm thinking that perhaps people are unaware of how
common alcohol is being used as a fuel in some countries.  I lived in
Brasil back in 1989-91 and alcohol was a common automobile fuel that was
about the same price as gasoline and available at all stations (that I
saw).  While there, we had a car that ran on alcohol and it ran as well
as a comparable vehicle on gas.  Although popularity of it plummeted
during the 90's when gas was cheep..  according to this article
(http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/02/petrobras_consi.html) and
others it looks like it may gain popularity again.   Why do we not hear
about it here in the USA as a possible gas replacement?  Even amongst
those who champion alternative fuels and energy sources, I hardly ever
hear mention of it, yet it has been used for decades as a common fuel
(albeit fairly subsidized) in the largest country in S.A..

And to keep it on topic...  I like to drink alcohol when watching my
"planted" tanks.  ;]

-derek parr

--
    derek parr                          http://www.derekparr.com
    101-B eastwood lake road                artist at derekparr_com