Re: [APD] [Off-Topic] Supplementing Electricity with Solar

Mike Szilard wrote:
> OK...time for me to chime in...
>
> Take a look at this thread:
> http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showpost.php?p=57300&postcount=10
>
> Let me know what kind of questions you've got.

I'm looking to see about supplementing my electric consumption with
solar. I didn't see anything about that on that thread other than a link
to some pictures of solar panels.

I'm not really interested in the money savings. Although in Southern
California we're paying about $0.11/kWh, so my lights would cost me that
about $12.28 per month. More importantly, however, is that my aquarium
lights will be directly responsible for almost one ton of CO2 emissions
per year. If I can cut that in half with a couple hundred bucks in PV
panels, I'm there.

--
Jerry Baker