Re: [APD] Aromat Ballasts Arrived

Jerry,

I'm not sure what definition of "noise" is being used or if there are
differing levels of "loudness" involved ... but the MH bulbs and
ballasts I've used in the past (250w 20000k, mogul base) made very
little noise ... there was a slight buzzing and popping/crackling from
the bulb when it starts, but after it's been running for 20-30min, the
only noise I hear is the cooling fan in the ballast box - and that's
no louder than the cooling fans on computers.

And that is with a cheap "core and coil" ballast, no electronics involved.

I wouldn't say the ballast is dead silent, it has a hum, it is a low
freq transformer after all, but its not at all loud like the hum from
one of those street-light transformers ... my microwave makes a good
hum and the ballasts are no where near that loud.

Only suggestion I can think of, you've already mentioned - try a
different bulb.  Do you have another area to test the setup at, like a
friend or family members house, to rule out anything funky with your
home's power supply?

Good Luck!
Gordon