How simple or complex do you want to get and what kind of killies?  Stuff a
5 gal with Java Moss, Najas, and Water Sprite and  throw in a pair of plant
spawners (Aphyosemions, Epiplatys, whatever)  Keep the water conditions
however they like it and wait.  I've got a ton of A. primigenium GBN 88/10
from a pair in a java moss choked plastic shoebox.  I think I'm up to 4
dozen fry, which is quite a feat for me.  Plant spawners and I don't get
along very well.  Set up a "normal" planted tank and leave room for some
kind of dish for peat and you have a permanent setup for nothos or other
annuals.  Epiplatys dageti, Psuedoepiplatys annulatus, many Aphyosemions,
some Fundulopanchax such as nigerianus, gardneri, amieti, mirabilis etc will
all do well in a planted tank/natural setup.  As long as fry have adequate
cover, some should show up.  The standard answer is "killies like low light,
you need low light plants and dark tanks", but I find most sp. handle high
light just fine as long as they were raised in bright conditions and have
somewhere to hide.

Nick Ternes
Port Washington, WI
WAKO