From: Bill D <billinet at comcast_net>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:49:51 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Water changes and CO2/non CO2 methods

I have one "slow grow" tank that requires constant  (every 2 months or so)
dosing of NO3.  It is underpopulated with fish, though.

One of the good things about low light/slow growth tanks is that they "work"
without requiring a lot of maintenance.  Adding water changes and scheduled
fertilizing sort of gets in the way of that, I think.

I do agree that left to their own devices, certain plants will come to
dominate a tank, just like plants do in nature.  That's where the pruning
scissors come in to play.