[APD] My tank water doesn't match the tap water

I noticed that my tank water's KH is 24 dH and my tap water is 20 dH.

Another thing I found was that my tap's pH is about 7.5 meaning I have
about 19 ppm of CO2 right out of the tap.

Putting the water in a bucket with an airstone for a few hours confirmed
this as the pH of that water went up to near 8.0.

I have nothing in my tank that would contribute to carbonate hardness.
At present it contains silica sand, three pieces of driftwood, four fake
plants, and a crappy "Whisper" brand heater which seems to have melted
some of the silica sand when it was closer to the bottom of the tank.
How that's possible at 80F is anyone's guess..

 I guess I would like to know if others routinely experience a change in
KH from tap to tank, what could be causing it, and also if it is
possible and/or common to see 19 ppm of CO2 in tap water.

Thanks.