Re: [APD] My 90 Gallon Tank

Nitrate is nitrate, so if you get it from one source you don't need it
from another.  The advantages of the Greg Watson chemicals are that
they are really cheap, and are dry salts, which can be dosed by
sprinkling a bit in the tank - Greg's little dosing spoons, which I
use, work great for that, plus, you can get all of the needed nutrients
and just dose the amounts that you need, without depending on a vendor
who still thinks plants can grow without phosphates.  But, that is just
how I see it.

Tom is very good at saying what caused an algae problem.  I can't even
get my own tank to stop growing algae yet, even though I do think I
understand some of the things I do wrongly.  My guess is that your tap
water did contain a lot of dissolved CO2, and your water change did
trigger an outbreak.  I think our tanks are loaded with algae spores
just waiting, probably giggling, for us to slip up just a little bit -
then BOOM!  That's the scientific explanation.

Vaughn