[APD] Lighting requirements

Hi,

  I would like to know what is the best indicator for insufficient lighting?  I have 300gal newly setup tank and I have 2 150 watts Metal Halide and I have some plants that are still dying.  The plants that are dying are with red leaves.  Some of the plants, e.g.  Micranthemum umbrosum, have very nice roots but they are not growing very well, never grew an inch.  I have Co2 injection and almost all the plants will produce bubbles.  With this kind of situation, do I need to add a 150 watts of MH?

  Thanks,

  Edison