[APD] extra plants - ALGAE ALGAE ALGAE

Well, Tom, I just blamed your (selective) plant green thumb for your
success. I was kidding, of course! I do appreciate this info. I wasn't
thinking that nutrients (you specifically mention CA in your post) were more
efficiently/effectively used with higher levels of CO2 (thus not truly a
nutrient in the absolute sense), but a function of photosynthesis and
respiration. More CO2, faster rate of growth (depending on available
nutrients).

Now, I think this clears up Vaughn's post, which I was uncertain of ...
either high stable co2, or low stable co2 ... stable being the key word,
because the plants will adapt. Algae will flourish when there are swings.
This would be typical in esp.  high fish-stocked aquarium, I would guess ...
where there is no way to out-gas accumulated co2 (night-time). Anyway, you
want to accumulate for photosynthesis during the lighting period. So you
would have larger fluctuations, I'm thinking. Assuming then, that by stable,
you mean, stable during the lighting periods. Sorry, I was away for a while.
With injected CO2 systems you fluctuate, as you keep it running at night,
allow it to accumulate. So ... stable co2 during the lighting period?

Unfortunately, my algae is extremely adaptable, much more so. This is the
worst ... the worst since I started this, what ... 6 or 7 years ago?

Hey, what's your take on excel?

Sylvia