Re: [APD] synchronized fishy swimming

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:05:04 -0000, Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> I believe Liz Wilhite wrote this email section below:
>> I got a request off list for this but the email keeps bouncing.  Carol, I
>> hope you get this one.
>>
>> http://www.yikers.com/video_very_weird_fish_behavior.html
>
> Amusing.
>
> It's a video fake of course.
>
> They've used a white background as this makes it easy to simply paste the
> fish onto the video to seem to perform in sync with the people.
>
> They can now simulate animals and dinosaurs, so a goldfish is no problem!
> :-))

The background doesn't look totally white to me... it has an darkened region at the edge of the tank, and it does appear to have some texture.
I still favour the magnet theory - there is a bit right towards the end where one of the goldfish appears to be trying to go in the opposite direction to the way it is.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.