Re: [APD] Tank Size Question

Hi Larry,

I have a 6ft tank, that's 75cm high, and although it's quite a bit higher
than the 60cm of the 90gal, I think some of my experiences can influence
your decision...

Being 1.98m tall i have pretty long arms, but i have to stand on a bucket or
step ladder to reach into all the corners of my tank, after i've removed the
canopy and all the equipment.I can only really work in the tank (pruning
etc) when I do water changes, otherwise my face gets wet. Aquascaping for
that upper 20cm is rather difficult, because there are only certain plants
that grow to that height, and lighting obviously becomes an issue with the
added height, although it sounds as if you would have enough.

The extra height is a bonus if you want to keep fish that swim all over,
e.g.Oscars, but for plants it really becomes a challenge...

I have often contemplated getting a standard height tank and turning that
into a sepcifically planted tank because it's just that much easier to
manage on that scale. I have no doubt though that when my tank is close to
the picture I have in my head that it will look awesome, but I am still a
while away from that...

Hope that helps somewhat

- Alwyn