Re: [APD] filters

I believe Wise, Nicholas wrote this email section below:

>> We at Sea Save have found a cure for "ick" by using this 5
>> micron filter.  As use may know the smallist baby "Ick" is
>> born at 30 micron so as it falls off it is filtered away.
>> You may see a pic. at our web-site
>> www.seasave.com<http://www.seasave.com/>.  Thanks
>
> What is this "ick" you speak of?

Ick = Ich = White Spot

'Ichthyophthirius multifiliis' in Freshwater or 'Cryptocaryon irritans' for
salt water tanks.

A nasty creature, a protozoa parasite that kills fish.

http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/docs/health/ich.shtml
http://www.nippyfish.net/ich.html

Looks like small white specks on the skin, fins, and gills. Fish may scratch
against gravel and rocks.

Mature parasites that have been feeding on a fish's tissues fall away from
the fish. They drop to the substrate and divide many times, eventually
producing hundreds of infective stages. These "swarmers" swim off to find a
new host.

Left untreated the fish in your tank can die.

--
Stuart Halliday