Re: [APD] Air bubbling

>I've found that air bubbling made no difference. But increasing the
>water surface movement makes a huge difference.

         I have tested this with a dissolved O2 meter. In my 50 gal.
the DO levels rise from 2-3 to 6 mg/L in about one hour with one 1"
air stone. I don't think the bubbles themselves make much difference
but the surface agitation does the job.

         A test could be done normally and then another by trapping
the air from an air stone below the surface and then comparing the
effect of the two setups.

Regards

--
Raj, vu2zap