[APD] C parva

Crypt parva has consistently done better with companion plants than as a sole foreground.

  Hairgrass is very good but tends to over grow the dimunitive plant, I have been using pearl grass with good success. I only top the pearl grass and am careful not to uproot the pearl grass near the plants.

  The idea is that the these well adapted weeds can pump O2 to the root zone much easier and maintain a good cycling of both bacteria and nutrients.

  Crypts do not need that much, but seem to do well with such plants present.
  Other plants in our tanks also seem to do better with such stable root growth/other plant root "helpers".

  I've had this species bloom submersed 2x with hairgrass and a little sun for a couple of hours in the late day.

  Regards,
  Tom Barr

  www.BarrReport.com  Powerpoints from presentations now added soon!