Re: [APD] Scale representation

Jerry Baker wrote:
> Stuart Halliday wrote:
>> Plus a ruler is instantly understood.
>
> How about a ruler *and* a coin?

Sure. Why not. :-)

> Coins are psychologically more identifiable.

The trouble is a viewer may not know what size the coin is.

When was the last time you saw a photo of an object of scientific interest
with a modern coin next to it?

Coins change their size over time as a government decides the coin needs to
be re-sized.

In my country (UK) the 5 pence, 10 pence and 50 pence coins have changed
sizes many times for example.
So it's hardly the object to use to evaluate size comparisons.

A ruler is unlikely to suffer a change to the size of its units... ;-)

--
Stuart Halliday