Re: [APD] CO2 and pH control

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:45:53 -0600
From: Gordon and Susan Watkins <gwatkins at ritternet_com>

> Thanks for the in-depth information George. So where do you currently
> stand on the impact of trickle filters on CO2 efficiency?

Where I've always stood - if set up correctly, they don't have a serious
impact.  I'm sure that you could optimize other filtration setups to be more
CO2 miserly but it doesn't matter much to me.  Canisters are a pain to clean
compared to trickle, the sump is a nice place to put equipment and they are
nitrate generators (which is good these days, right?).

See my website for the CO2 Loss Experiment.

George B.
http://users.frii.com/gbooth/AquaticConcepts/