Re: [APD] CO2 and pH control

Boy are you right about seeing an improvement! Within 2 hours of
removing the trickle tower, all other variables staying the same, my pH
has dropped to 7.2 and still going down.  In my enthusiasm to tinker I
sometimes forget the KISS primciple. Thanks for the reminder. I did
float about half of the bioballs in the sump just for a cushion for
biofiltration.

You mentioned you like to keep your pH around 6.5-6.6 . Have you found
that an optimum level?

Yes, I do have my tank inflow valved down to reduce turbulence in the
tank. I'm not sure what the currant flow rate is but probably 15-20 gph.
Hopefully now with my standpipe at the tank outflow and sump inflow
below water level, most of the CO2 that might offgass on the way down to
the tank will be contained in the piping and reabsorbed.

Now I'll check out your suggestion on the Dupla diffusor. By the way,
what's your opinion on the use of CO2 resistant air line? I'm using it
now but will have to buy more to reach from my basement to the tank. And
yes, I do have a good quality CO2 resistant check valve to protect my
solenoid.

Thanks again for helping me work through this and find a simple solution.

Gordon Watkins