Re: [APD] CO2 powerheads and DIY CO2

Hi Scott,

You may also would like to try to put an empty bottle between the CO2 reactor bottle and the power head.

Instead of having a CO2 tube going to the power head/tank have it go to an empty bottle.  From the empty bottle have the tube going to the power head/tank.

I am not sure if a DIY CO2 has enough gas to push the CO2 through the empty bottle into the tank.

The idea is from lab applications.

"my only concern with using this pump is that I'm using DIY CO2.  Is the
suction so great that it will start to suck the containers in on
themselves, crushing them and pulling the contents into the fish tank?
Is this a real concern or am I being paranoid?

Thanks,
Scott aka beaker"