Re: [APD] Plants not pearling, growing slowly

Hi James,

You didn't say what your water for water changes is like. I've just been
through a very frustrating search for the cure to very similar behavior. My
tapwater at our new location has 83ppm Ca and 50ppm Mg, so I turned to an
RO unit to soften things up. While doing so I kept targeting Mg at 5ppm and
a 3:1 ratio of Ca:Mg. After weeks and weeks of failure I went back and
looked at the water report for my old location, where things grew well, and
it was 15ppm for both Ca and Mg. Once I switched to that, the growth
returned.

If this is *very* recent, you might also check that the temperature of the
tank hasn't dipped too much because of winter. There may be ancient
biological clocks at work that *expect* winter now. (It would be
interesting to see if there is a correlation between the behavior and
whether or not it's northern hemisphere plants that are behaving this way
now.)

TW