Common name in the west is Red Line Torpedo Barb, though the indian name is far
better - see this link if you've not already found it:

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/travel/Subramanian_Puntius_denisonii.html

I have three, and they *are* gorgeous, seem very easy to keep. About £10 each in
the UK. Fastest fish I've ever seen in a tank, too - getting three of maybe 15
out of an 18" tank took half an hour in the fish shop...

Colin