Re: [APD] woes with walsted type tank

"Good points, Bill. However, I would hem and haw a bit about
the bio-wheels and surface turbulence. That is, I'm not
sure that they'd present a problem -- if CO2 is not being
injected, then the diff in CO2 levels if there is surface
turbulence or not is pretty darn small since the CO2 levels
are pretty darn small."

Scott, thanks for your comments.

My understanding, and you can correct it if it's wrong and I hope that you
do, is that atmospheric CO2 is absorbed into aquarium water at about 25% of
the rate at which it is dispersed due to surface agitation.  I could be
wrong.

This is unlike oxygen, which is closer to a 1 : 1 ratio.

Bill