Re: [APD] Cation Exchange Capacity

LW: "If you are dosing through the water column it doesn't make any
difference at all that I can see, except for that marketing thing."

I've just been wondering the same thing, the collective subconscious at
work I guess.

I have a highly filtered tank with no organics or clay in the substrate,
water column fert dosing at high levels, high light and CO2, but no growth.
Is CEC important at the *leaf* surface? That is, should I add some
clay/organic material to the water just to provide CEC at the leaf surface?
Or do the leaves of underwater plants bypass that exchange mechanism?

We recently moved and I'm *still* trying to figure out this new water.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/tomwood2/water.jpg

The US map:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/tomwood2/hardwatermap.jpg

TW