Re: [APD] Cooling fans for hoods

No surprise there. NO T8s are made to run very cool,
nothing like the HOs or CFLs.

IN general, if your ballast is shedding more heat than the
bulbs they are running, you can probalby find better
ballasts.

sh
--- James H <spreerider at gmail_com> wrote:

> >>Odd because my T8 40" tubes are very warm.
>

> this seems odd to me because i just changed all the tubes
> at my work,(T8 8ft
> tubes), over 60 of them and i did it while they were on
> and had been left on
> for over 48hours and i had no trouble removing them, they
> were not very hot
> at all just nicely warm even at the ends, the only part
> that was hotter than
> i wanted to touch were the pins at the end...
>
> but then again i have burnt my fingers many times and
> nothing seems very hot
> anymore untill it burns.

All the other terrific entries in the 6th Annual AGA Aquascaping Contest are on display:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

In service to the community, the AGA has opened forums:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/