Re: [APD] Odnos (2)

You guys have to understand, the GFCI socket device has a
sensor inside that works a switch. It also has two plug
receptacles. The device also has connections (terminals)
for Load (or power downstream from the sensor). There are
also connections for Line (upstream of the sensor).  The
sockets on the device are downstream from the sensor.
Socket on the power supply circuit that are on the Load
side are all contrlled by the sensor.

The power lines bringing power to the socket are conected
to the line conections. If you connect power cable to those
same terminals and run that cable off to other sockets,
those other sockets won't be affected by anything in the
GFCI. If you connect a power cable to the line terminals,
which electrically are after the sensor/trip-switch in the
GFCI, and run that cable through the walls to other
sockets, those other sockets will be controlled by the
sensor. Either way, All of the sockets, including the ones
on the GFCI will be electrically in parallel and have
110-120 V across the Hot and Netural.

The GFCI sockets usually come with diagrams describing how
wire them so that they do or don't control other devices
downstream.

Sorry I can't explain it better. But if your house sockets
were wired in series, then when two devices were plugged
in, say two items with equal resistance, they see 55-60 V
each instead of 110-120 V. As the old saying goes, "Series
divides voltage -- parallel "divides" current."

Sam's got some conceptual diagrams here.

http://www.codecheck.com/gfci_principal.htm

Just add to them connections for a power cable running off
to other sockets and then consider whether that cable is
connected before or after the sensor/trip-switch.

Have drawings, have fun,
sh