[APD] Cooling fans for hoods...

I'm in the planning stages of constructing a hood to house my 3 x 55W CF
lamps (AH Supply) and I'd like to incorporate some cooling fans to dissipate
some of the heat generated by the lamps and ballasts. I'm thinking maybe two
12cm 9V PC case-fans powered from a transformer, possibly connected to an
electronic thermostat to control when they're on and off? The fans I can get
locally easily enough but has anyone tried to thermostatically control such
fans that might care to recommend a particular product ? (which would have
to be available through online mail-ordering, such as McMaster-Carr).

Would anyone who has already rigged something similar care to share how they
wired it all up?

Cheers,
- Rory
NZ