Re: [APD] CO2 System

Hi Joshua,
I have posted this story before, but to repeat:  I tried last summer to
save a lot of money by buying bits and pieces and making some parts for
a pressurized CO2 system.  I bought a used regulator on ebay, picking a
seller who lived near me to save on shipping.  I bought a needle valve,
a good one, on ebay, again from a seller only a hundred miles away to
save on shipping.  Then I realized I needed a check valve, and bought
it from McMaster & Carr online, and even though the distributer was
only a hundred miles away, the shipping doubled the price.  Then I
started looking for hose barbs so I could connect it all together with
air tubing.  The valve was a special one, with very small barbs and an
odd size machined port on both ends, so it took two orders to finally
get the right size.  The tubing I got from a model airplane store -
fuel line.  Then I made a bubble counter from a small glass bottle.
So, I then totaled up my costs and found I was above $100 already, and
still no solenoid valve, which I decided I definitely want.  I gave up,
gave away most of the parts, and bought a Milwaukee
regulator/valve/bubble counter/solenoid valve, on special from
aquabotanic for just $79.  The moral of the story is that most likely,
the cheapest way to go is the combination regulator units of Milwaukee
and JBL.  I still have to find a tank and CO2 supplier.  Of all of the
stuff I will use, the only parts I would agree are not  necessary are
the solenoid valve and the bubble counter.  I hope that helps.

Vaughn H.