Re: [APD] Water hyacinth recedes in salty water

Ajit,

There was a study published by "Bonnie's Plants" (a pond and aquatic plant
dealer) that was once (and may be still) available on the web that showed
the the salt tolerances of many common pond plants. IIRC, all the floating
plants were severely damaged by salt concentrations of 2% which might be
used to treat goldfish, but most other plants were OK up to 3% salt.

Maybe a 2% salt treatment could help someone get rid of duckweed? (thinking
of some other post I read recently)

Ann V