Re: [APD] cheap pressurized CO2

Eli,
I tried to do the pressurized CO2 cheaply too.  I got a regulator thru
ebay from someone selling it in my own city - no shipping cost.  Then I
got a needle valve thru ebay from someone very close, so shipping was
minimal.  But, when I started assembling the stuff together I needed
barbs, special size barbs to fit the valve and regulator.  Those I had
to order on the web, and pay shipping for them.  And, I still didn't
have a bubble counter, so I made one cheaply.  The tubing I needed came
from a model airplane store - fuel line tubing, cheaply.  But, still no
solenoid valve.  By then my cost was up over $125 for an incomplete
setup.  I gave up, gave away the parts, keeping only a check valve, and
bought a Milwaukee regulator/valve/bubble counter on sale from
Aquabotanics, and that cost was far less than $125.  I'm not  yet
convinced that a "cheap" CO2 setup can be built.  Maybe someone here
has a surplus setup and can be convinced to part with it for minimal
cost???

Vaughn H.