Re: [APD] Ferrous or Chelated Iron?

Chas,

         Chelated iron breaks down slowly and free iron is available to plants
in smaller quantity over a longer time. Ferrous iron quickly oxidizes to Ferric
state and becomes unavailable to plants. Chelation prevents this oxidation
in a manner of speaking.

         Some more info from Eriks site:

         http://www.thekrib.com/Chemistry/fe.html

         http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/flourish.html