Re: [APD] Duetto Mini filter in a paludarium?

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:47:53 -0600
> From: "John Lemons" <john at johnlemons_com>
> Subject: [APD] Duetto Mini filter in a paludarium?
> To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> I'm looking at building a paludarium with a small water feature like a
> little stream or water fall flowing over some rocks. The Duetto Mini
> filter
> (14gph) looks like about the right size for this use, but can't find any
> information on how high the pump will move the water. Anyone here have any
> experience with this little thing? I figure I'd need to lift the water at
> least 6 inches, maybe 8.
>
> I also considered making a simple overflow or wet/dry filter or force the
> water vertically through filter media with a small pump, but that seems
> like
> a lot of work and a lot of space for a small tank if this little filter
> will
> do the trick in its place.
>
> Any other suggestions on filtration welcomed!

You might try the Zoo Med 316 sold as a reptile filter at DrsFosterSmith
among other places. I found the info on the Zoo Med 105 micro pump that is
part of that filter and the pump itself is max 55 gph, max head 17.7", and
can run dry for 30 days with no problem and is very, very tiny 1.7"x1.7"
x12." http://www.aquaticsbykr.com/images/pumps/104.html for data and
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=6477&Ntt=316&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
for pricing. $19 as filter, less with just the pump
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=6475&Ntt=104&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
for $11

Ann V