Re: [APD] CO2 bubbles surface area

         I have observed the same here, I would think that as a gas bubble
rises a *two way* gas exchange takes place with water. The CO2 will dissolve
and since the bubble is completely devoid of other atmospheric gasses that
are in the water.. the bubble fills up with O2 and probably other gasses
which do not dissolve rapidly like CO2 at it rises. By capturing these bubbles
and analyzing the gas we can find out if this assumption is true.

         Some years earlier when I was experimenting with diffusing I noticed
that there was always surplus gas in the diffuser tube which would never
dissolve even after a long time.

Raj