Re: [APD] CO2 Experiment #2

Jerry Baker wrote:
> Chris Hotte wrote:
>> Does the surface area of the bubble come into play? If you have a
>> smaller bubble, and more availble bonds, or vise versa... does it really
>> make a difference? Wouldn't the ratio be the same either way?
>
> I would think that as the bubbles got smaller, and their surface area to
> volume ratio increased, they would dissolve faster. I do not have any
> empirical data to back that up, but it just seems intuitive. It might be
> a tangent worth exploring at some point.

They don't.

I've got a Nutrafin Hagen CO2 yeast system that has a ladder the bubbles go up.

http://www.hagen.com/img/aquatic/products/a7698.jpg

As they fo up this ladder they get smaller but you can plainly see the
bubbles shrinking slower and slower as they go up.

I can take a video of it and post it if it's of interest?

P.S.
Surely as they get smaller their surface area to volume ratio decreases?

--
Stuart Halliday