[APD] loaches and snails

I have a four inch clown loach, but I also want to have some nice ramshorn
or apple snails, something of that sort. Can the two coexist? Perhaps if I
buy a fairly large snail it would be too much for the clown loach to chew
down, as I've heard somewhere before. Is there some way to have both?

I know, I know, it's not strictly plant related. The snail would help combat
algea, which is interfering with my plants' well being. There.

Eli