Re: [APD] searching the archives

Adam

I am also searching the Archives now to look for information on diy
backgrounds and landscaping. It is a huge amount of information. But I'd
like to read it all. It is very interesting. No time though. It would make a
great book if it could be organized into one. One problem I have found is
the frequent changing of the subject line makes it difficult to trace out a
thread. Sometimes a reply will only say-RE:Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 27,
Issue 20, rather than containing the subject being discussed.  I know I have
been guilty of not changing the subject line myself, most always
accidentally. I now see why so many have complained of this in the past.
They are right.

Anyway, to answer your question:

I go to Google.com and click on Advanced Search. Limit the search to English
language sites, restrict the domain to Actwin.com and leave all other
choices at default. You enter the keywords of your search. If you know the
exact phrase, enter it in the correct box. If not the just enter your search
words in the top box. Often times your search will give just the index page
for the month. Then you will have to scroll down and select what you want.

If anyone can help both of us any further please do.

Jerry Smith, Bloomingdale, NJ