Re: [APD] Science

Isnt Gravity one of the "frontiers" of science we still know basically, very little about? I havent kept up on it, but I rememebr seeing something about it being one of the big unexplored frontiers of science. i think at the time very little reserach or discovery had benn conducted or made.
Just wondering

Gravity does what gravity does and you're right - what it does isn't
going to change. BUT the 'laws of gravity' aren't sacrosanct and
gravity does not follow them. Those laws express our understanding of
how gravity acts and that understanding has changed over time. Newton
is fine but wasn't perfect , Einstein added to our understanding and
showed that Newton's view wasn't complete or fully accurate, and
there's been a bit more learnt since then. No scientist would claim
we've heard the last word on gravity and I'd also say it's a pretty
good bet that something we currently believe about it, and regard as
a 'fact' or a 'law' will turn out to be not quite right. When that
happens, something in the 'laws' pertaining to gravity will change
but gravity won't, and gravity will continue to be as reliable as
it's always been while the 'laws' will be a little more reliable but
still not guaranteed.