Re: [APD] Science

At 02:54 11/3/2005, Derek A wrote:
>Most of the technical discussions are beyond my comprehension but
>rarely do I see those who partake in them do it to see who is smarter.
>There has always been a point and a common goal: to further this
>hobby.  If anyone disagrees, then speak up and point me to an example
>that hints otherwise.  Until then, please give your fellow hobbyists
>the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe you'll learn something new.
>
>P.S.  Please stop denigrating those who employ technical jargon as
>eggheads and loners.  It's incredibly insulting.

Derek, I view those posts (the critical ones) as a lot like the
Kansas school board.   Here is a letter I wrote to the editor of the KC Star:

It was with great interest I have read recently about the controversy
over teaching of evolution and Darwin's conclusions in Kansas.  As a
grandparent of four, I have been concerned about my grandkids ability
to compete in an ever better-educated world.  Fortunately, many
Kansans have rushed to my rescue and volunteered to make their kids
more ignorant so mine will be more competitive.   I wish to thank
them for their generosity in moving their kids aside so more senior
jobs will be available for my grandchildren.  To those who oppose
teaching evolution in Kansas, good luck and many thanks.

Dave Gomberg, a Californian

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/apbook  for Kasselmann's "Aquarium Plants" book SPECIAL