Re: [APD] OFF TOPIC Low tech or high tech?

Liz Wilhite wrote:
>  Now that is unfair. That sort of thing didn't go on for most of the 15
> months I've been subscribed. It only started fairly recently.

I agree. Back in 2002 when I was subscribed, it wasn't nearly as
personal-attack oriented as it is now. People were generally helpful and
I don't recollect any negativity other than the same "crotchety"
attitude you spoke of. My recollection is that people were free to
discuss scientific matters without being called snobs, or threatened
with physical violence. Oh well. I suppose the list reflects society.

--
Jerry Baker