Re: [APD] Philosophy and Plants

> There are lots of other books by notable
> analytical philosophers that have addressed these issues in
> considerable depth.
> sh

Which is why if you ask a philosopher the meaning of life, you
will get several books and no answer.

Ask a biologist, the answer is simple: eat/grow, reproduce and
die. Now you know the meaning of life.

I find it rather peculilar that folks make a big hooping deal
over critters and ethics yet no one addresses the plants in the
same terms.

Vegetarian plant murders. If you want to follow logic
and ethics, I think it's wise to apply a general set of rules to
all forms of life and give it equal respect.

Even a philosopher will tell you this.
Example: Thou shalt not use algicides.

Regards,
Tom Barr