Re: [APD] Goldfish

Andrew,

I agree that many human behaviors have developed over time in response to
environmental conditions.  No doubt at all.  I am a firm believer in what
some call the "Natural Law."

However, I don't believe that altruism is one of those behaviours.  In fact,
back in the old days when times were tough and resources were scarce,
altruism would have a negative effect on life span and hence the ability to
transmit ones genes to the next generation, so the trait would disappear.

Altruism was added later, when humans became, well, human.  Animals never
quite made it.

Bill