Re: [APD] Goldfish, etc

2 points to debate this one.
First, we all have heard of or have seen a family dog put their lives on
the line to protect their people.  Of course one could argue they're
doing it to make sure they keep getting that dinner plate everyday.  But
then that doesn't always make sense since many dogs have families of
humans and the loss of one won't stop the food from coming.  ;]  So
beyond that, wild dolphins helping people lost out at sea has happened
as well.  That example gets rid of the relationship aspect.

And surely I'm not only one who has had a friend's dog offer their bone
to me and then sit back waiting for me to enjoy it.  I'm talking about
actual food items here, not "chew toys" that the dog may want to play
fetch with.

Second, the feeling of doing the right thing, helping out one's society,
  helping a cause that could or would help someone close to you like a
wife, daughter, sister, mother, etc. .. Even something as simple as peer
pressure.

-derek parr