Re: [APD] Goldfish, etc

Perhaps the main difference between animals and human beings is that humans
are capable of altruism and the animals are not.

Some appear to come close but they are really just applying group survival
instincts that have developed over  eons.   On those rare occasions when an
animal appears do to something nice for another animal, there is always a
reason, but when I make a donation to breast cancer research, there is no
direct or indirect benefit to me.  (If I were acting for selfish reasons,
I'd give to a charity that supported research into male diseases.)

Why do people act this way?  Maybe God planted a seed?

Bill