Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:20:16 -0400
From: "Jerry Smith" <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
Subject: [APD] How to crush gravel?
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Jerry Baker's question concerning sieves reminded me of what I have been
thinking about for many months now. I have a lot of large sized gravel left
over from when I set up my present tanks and sieved their gravel. I have a
mixture of Onyx gravel, lava rock, and Carib Sea African cichlid gravel that

doesn't pass through 1/2 inch mesh screens. I probably have about 150 lbs. I

would really like to know how to crush it into smaller pieces. I am looking
to achieve sizes that pass through 1/8 inch mesh screens. Any ideas?

I don't want to hit each with a hammer. That would take forever.

Jerry Smith, Blooimingdale, NJ