Re: [APD] Soil Screens

Scott:

Jerry Baker was asking about screens in order to screen river sand from a
river to get larger sizes for his aquarium. He must not want the really fine
stuff. It should not be hard because he can do it under water with a
constant supply of fresh clean water coming down to wash away the silt. I
don't know if there are any restrictions on doing this though. Some might
complain about the silting of the downstream areas.

I have dry screened coarse sand through window screen when in High School
for a tank. My neighbor had a pile left from some concrete work. It really
did look great if I recall. That was a 20 L and I had a lot of Vallisneria
in it. It was in a window area and the sunlight did wonders. This was way
before what I now know.

Jerry Smith