Re: [APD] The hobby these days

Jerry Baker wrote:
> S. Hieber wrote:
>
>>I wonder if it might be a testament to the maturity of the
>>hobby that there are so few aquatic gardening questions on
>>APD these days. ;-)
>>
>>Or maybe a testatment to the usefulness of aquatic plant
>>forums on the internet.
>>
>>sh
>

> My suspicion is that most of the new people wander in to Web-based
> groups, and the more experienced "old-hands" here have already
> progressed beyond most direct plant questions.

It's the nature of mailing list - every one sees everything.
When something goes off topic, it's not localized to a thread and it
tends to drag everyone into it.

The community is more important than the medium. APD is
a mailing list and people on it should be aware of the flaws.

--
Louis Lin
TickQuest inc    www.tickquest.com