Re: [APD] Plus points

Vapor... Very good point there.

While I'm willing to believe the chemists involved made some viable
"microdots", not even the Vanderbilt article discusses the process
through which they were made, or how expensive it is.

These dots may hold the key to lower-cost and more efficient lighting,
but it could be decades before chemical production facilities gear up
to produce them in sufficient quantities for mass-consumption.

The plus side I'm excited to see (a bit pie-in-the-sky here, sorry) is
if it will work with blue EL panels ... electroluminescent lighting is
probably the most efficient commonly available lighting technology
available but the blue-green light it produces isn't very useful.   If
that were changed to white light with these dots, EL panels of any
size could be produced and installed to light large areas.

Gordon