Re: [APD] treating ich in medication sensitive fish

A year ago, I had a massive ich-festation in my clown loaches (milder in  the
other fish) because of a heater failure.  Knowing their sensitivity to
medications, I moved all the fish to a bare tank immediately and raised the temp
to 85. I filtered it with a whisper hang on.  In the meantime I readied
another tank with a filter and adjusted the water to 85 also.  As soon  as the fish
lost most of their white spots I  transferred them all to the second bare
tank.This removed the  fish from the free swimming stage of the parasite.   Then I
bleach  sanitized the first bare tank and set it up the same way.   Only  a
few spots showed up that time and the fish were now behaving better.  I
repeated it again, and the fish were cured.  I still have them.  No  medication was
used at all.
Carol